Wednesday 11 March 2015

For Your Eyes Only!

Deeksha Seth
Penned By B D Narayankar

Take gold away from me, if you wish,
take shore away, but
do not take from me yours eyes

Do not take away the stars,
the pearls that you wear
the fragrance that blazes 
forth from your hair,
the quivering lips 
of silver born in you

My journey is harsh and I come back
with legs severed
at times from having tread
the thorny path,
but when your eyes blink
they dive into my heart seeking me
and they find for me all
the chests of life

My Love, in the darkest
hour your eyes
open, and if suddenly
you see my sorrows shading
the canvas of my life,
look at me, because your eyes
will be for my soul 
like a cool morn, a pleasant morn

Next to the flowers in spring,
your eyes must spread
their fragrant spin,
and during monsoon, love,
I want your eyes like
the devotees I was waiting for,
the good devotee, the devotee
of my holy land

Look at the moon,
at the sun, at the hills
Look at the undulating
ways of life
look at this flimsy 
man who loves you,
but when I step out,
step in,
deny me gold, shore, stars, 
pearls, fragrance
but never your eyes 
for I would die

Note: For the time since I saw her, not the photo I posted here, I was mesmerised by her eyes. When her eyes started to sink down on my arrivals, my emotions ran amok - forcing me to pick the pen up again after a very long gap - Thanks - how should I repay this debt - let me know ...

No comments:

Post a Comment