Saturday 7 March 2015

The Eternal Flame - Eternal Love


Penned By Narayan-Chandra Rauf 

I look at drops of dew, at the cool shore bathed in moonlight
I cup the morning bride in my hands
or the clinking sheets of river striking against the banks
Everything carries me to you,
as if everthing that exists,
fragrance, temple, aroma, lamps
were pious birds
that fly
atop holy isles of yours that long for me

Each day,
each hour,
I feel destined for you
with a mix of sour and sweetness
My Love,
In me all that softness smoulders
In me all that smoke billows
In me all that love wafts,
springs from yours
And as long as you live
it will be searing for good
just as dhooni sears at a holy 
place somewhere in neighbourhood!

Dhooni: Saibaba's perpetual sacred fire located at Shirdi in Maharashtra

Note: I was inspired to pen this down after I saw a couple tenderly whiling away their time in a close embrace inside a famous park nearby ... Ofcourse SHE also was there, and always will in every poem that I pen ... on my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment