Monday 9 March 2015

Those Saddest Lines


Penned By B D Narayankar

Tonight I can sing the saddest lines

Sing, for instance, "A flower is rattled and fragrance quiver far off, long"

Tonight I can sing the saddest lines
To think that the blue has faded from the waters of sea
The  gusts of wind appeared dry, listless without she

My eyes search for her as nights search for lights
My heart cries as river cries for crazy nights

She loves me in bits and pieces, or loves me endlessly
How could I have resisted love-filled eyes needlessly

Tonight I can sing the saddest lines 
that by not gaining you isn't a loss 
But how does it matter, you still love me,
 for everything else isn't a gloss

Each moment the life breathes into me
gives life to me
That which comes is because of you
and these are the verses that I sing for you

Note: Inspired By Pablo Neruda's poem - Tonight I can Write The Saddest Lines


No comments:

Post a Comment