Wednesday 4 March 2015

I Hide Myself In A Flower


Emily Dickinson is a great American poetess, but her poems are very difficult to understand

This is a very humble attempt by me to make readers understand, probably what she meant to pen this famous poem - I hide myself within my flower

Penned By B D Narayankar

I hide myself in a flower
That clipping on your hair,
You, unsuspecting, clip me too - 
And angels know the rest

I hide myself in a  flower,
That, placing in a vase of yours,
You, unsuspecting, long for me
in embers loneliness

I hide myself in a flower ...


Emily Dickinson's Original Poem

I hide myself within my flower,
  That wearing on your breast,
You, unsuspecting, wear me too—
And angels know the rest.

I hide myself within my flower,      
That, fading from your vase,
You, unsuspecting, feel for me
Almost a loneliness

Note: This piece is inspired by HER presence and absence ...

Interested In News And Views. Log On To: http://socraticnarayakar.blogspot.in/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment