Thursday 16 October 2014

Poem: Impressions at IGates - First of Three Series



Penned By B D Narayankar

Whenever you looked 
at me at the IGates 
with love today
I prayed for death 
next moment

A little poem,
standing near 
said to me with teary eyes:
Chupp (silence)
You shouldn't say
such things
Who will then 
weave me into
your verses
Don't leave me
as an orphan,
poet!

I replied:
It's better to be with
her (my love), than you
I want to die soon;
I want to reincarnate soon
I just want to be with her,
alongside, always (read other half)
Can't resist anymore
her deep, beautiful eyes
oozing out love for me

Look into those eyes,
my poem
You will 
feel to die,
die soon,
reincarnate,
reincarnate soon
just to be with her, 
alongside, always

Look into somebody's eyes,
fall for her,
die,
leave me alone,
you give me pain,
only pain,
my dear poem

Note: Don't take death in literal sense

No comments:

Post a Comment