Saturday 4 October 2014

She Taught Me To Love Again



"Teri Galiyaan" was my favourite song before the release of Ek Villain., and still remains so. 

All the songs in the film were well picturised. But "Banjara" pierced my heart while watching the movie - it is very special and magnificently picturised.

The song gives one a feeling of freezing snow dripping on a molten turf - a tear-jerker

The song has the stamp of Guru Dutt's song picturisation magic - Bravo Mohit Suri, the director of Ek Villain, and one of my favourites, without any doubt

As there was nothing at hand at my office, I made an effort to translate this song, and here it goes

Translated By B D Narayankar


Like some poet's couplets
Which gives a moment’s peace to the soul
I’ve found someone
Like a vagarant has found a home

Like mornings of a new season
Or afternoons of the winter
I’ve found someone... 
Like a vagarant has found a home

Like a shore that lends support
I found her on some turning
Like a star at night offers light
She lights up the city

All my pain she made me forget
Such is an effect she cast on me
That she is teaching me how to live again

Like the rain gives wet satisfaction
The balm gives relief to the wound
I’ve found someone... 
Like a vagarant has found a home
Like mornings of a new season
Or afternoons of the winter
I’ve found someone... 
Like a wanderer has found a home

This smiling face which is shielding me
No one knows what is hidden in her deep heart
She gives shade to everyone else,
but stands in the sun herself
Even when she is wounded
Why do I feel the pain?
Oh my heart! Tell me what are your intentions?

I am a restless bird
That flew from one place to another
I’ve found someone... 
Like a vagarant has found a home
Like mornings of a new season
Or afternoons of the winter
I’ve found someone... 
Like a vagarant has found a home


No comments:

Post a Comment