Monday 24 November 2014

I Am But A Dismembered Fragrance In Search Of Flower


Penned By B D Narayankar

The night has returned -

The night of dreams
Come, 
light up 
beside my pillow ...
dreams;
so that
sleep creeps into me

Sometimes a shadow (beloved)

calls me out;
Sometimes
somebody (beloved) scribbles
an unvoiced tale in waters
I am, 
but a dismembered fragrance
in search of a flower,
Wish I could sit on 
a branch of a tree
Wish a blade of breeze
craddles me
for a while, atleast

Come, 

light up 
beside my pillow ...
dreams;
so that
sleep creeps into me


NOTE:

This poem is dedicated to one of my best female friends in my profession. When ever I see her I feel for her; the melancholy  of being separated from her beloved. I can fathom as she has very expressive eyes - any good Bharatnatyam dancer should have so.


But, this piece and all others I had written and will write - will be on only one girl - nobody can take her  place - naa, no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment