Wednesday 26 November 2014

This Half-A-Rupee Coin Memory Of Hers


Penned By Narayan-Chandra Rauf

Sometimes,
she drops like the moon
Sometimes,
she crosses my eyes
like a wayward wind
This half-a-rupee coin (Atthanni) memory of hers

Sometimes,
she walks away into the unknown 
like an ascetic
Sometimes,
she comes drop by drop
like the life itself
This half-a-rupee coin memory of hers

Sometimes,
she tumbles into my dreams
Sometimes,
she stands under the scorching sun
and at other times,
she finds solace under the moonlight
This half-a-rupee coin memory of hers

Sometimes,
she comes like 
a newly-wed bride in a palanquin
and blossoms in all innocence
And at other times,
I find her with a flower in her hands,
trying to propose, beckon me
This half-a-rupee coin memory of hers

... Lord!
Grant me one last wish -When
this half-a-rupee coin memory of hers
is buried
You bury me next to her!

NOTE: 

Next Up  - Lambhorghini Musings

No comments:

Post a Comment