Sunday 7 December 2014

Is Any One As Beautiful As My Love?


Penned By B D Narayankar

Whenever I watch this milky moon
I ask her -
Have you seen anybody as beautiful
as my Love?
The moon says -
I swear on the moonlight
there is no one, no one
as beautiful as your Love!

Whenever I watch these flowers
I ask the garden -
Have you seen anybody as beautiful
as my Love?
The garden says -
I swear on every flower
there is no one, no one
as beautiful
as your Love1

Whenever I see my Love's gait
I ask myself -
is this a flow of ecstasy?

Whenever I see her tresses
I ask myself - are they the story of
the night?

Whenever I see my Love's lips
I ask myself -
Are they the fragrant roses?

Whenever I see the grail
I ask the grail -
have you seen an intoxicant as beautiful
as my Love?
The grail says -
I swear on the tipsiness
there is no one as intoxicating
as your Love

The beauty which she
have been gifted with
has deprived God
of all Godliness
Should I liken her to Mir's Ghazal
Or address her as
Khayyam's Rubayee?

I ask a poet -
Have you seen anybody
as poetic as my Love?
The poet says -
I swear on my poetry
there is no one, no one
as poetic
as your Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment