Sunday 14 December 2014

Death Comes To EveryOne, Why Not Life?


Penned By B D Narayankar

Death comes one by one
to each one of us
Why not Life,
My Lord?



                                               Obituary


It's very sad day for for me and the entire journalistic fraternity. We have lost a very young journalist - Shri N D Shiva Kumar, who worked for the Times of India.

I am probably, the only journalist who knew him before he became a journalist.

My memories about him are as fresh as fresh flowers of today.

We both were neighbours in Koramangala. I was living in the Survey of India Quarters and he, resided in the neighbourhood of PWD Quarters.

We used to play cricket against each other in various tournaments.

He was attracted to me for my batting and running commentary skills.

One fine morning, he came to me and said, "Sir, I like your commentary and batting skills, and I also came to know you are a journalist. Sir, I want to be a journalist - for that what should I do?"

After imparting the nuances of breaking into the world of journalism - thereafter I did not see him.

After two years, I found him in one of the journalistic functions and he wished me and thanked me. I said why? He said, "I am with the Deccan Herald. Thank you very much for your advise, sir."

It was two years hence, but he remembered and paid back the debt by thanking me - that's Shiva Kumar for you - Humble, never forgot to pay the debt back to anyone.

May his soul rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment