Saturday 23 August 2014

Poem: My Heaven is Skirt of Your Garb







 Poem by B D Narayankar


The words I stitched in your memory
Have waxed into millions of spectacle
When the morning arrived
They blossomed into flowers
When night fell
They branched into stars

A song echoed somewhere
My heart uttered
You came
A flower bloomed somewhere
I fancied you shied
A fragrance sprinkled somewhere
Felt your curls fluttered

The words that I stitched in your memory
....


This colorful face, this lazy grace
This winking eyes, this shyness
This softness, this lonliness
This tantalizing act of departure
Why shouldn't this youthful magic 
make someone mad

The words that I stitched in your memory ...

Wherever you are, I am there
You are my heartbeat
I am pilgrim, you are my destination
I am thirsty, you are the rain
My world is your eyes
My heaven - skirt of your garb

The words that I stitched in your memory

No comments:

Post a Comment