Tuesday 20 January 2015

Give Back My Memories That You Carried With You

\

Penned By B D Narayankar

I

I have left behind some of my memories with you,
and have treasured some drenched, wet monsoons -

In one of my letters wrapped is the night
Douse that night and give back memories 
that I spent with you

II

Remember ... that Diwali evening!
The silences of falling raindrops
For once I had adorned my ears with and returned

That bough of the raindrops are still quivering
Shake that bough off and give back memories that I spent with you

III

Under the cloudy memories
when we were getting drenched ... half wet .... half dry
I had brought dryness with me -
probably the wet heart I forgot by the bedside

Send that wet heart and return my memories that I spent with you

IV

Those refreshingly moonish moments, the velvety kohl of your eyes, 
the fragrance of your wet heena, those unreal tiffs, unreal promises,
Remind them all to me
Send them all back to me ....

And one last wish
when all these are laid to rest
I shall sleep beside them, forever ....

No comments:

Post a Comment